Saturday, August 18, 2012

Menu Board

Have you ever been stuck in a dinner rut?  When this happened to us, we got into a bad habit of "I don't know what do you want for dinner" before giving up and going out to eat.  Eventually, that had to stop.  We started looking at our recipe books and picking out things we'd like to try and nailing down the week's menu before going shopping.  This turned out lots better than wandering around the store hoping dinner inspiration would magically appear.  To help us with our planning, I made this wipe off menu board.  I first saw one at a friend's house and she, of course, found it on Pinterest.  It's super easy and super helpful!


Supplies:
  • Picture frame
  • Scrapbook paper with same dimensions as your frame
  • Dry erase marker
I found a 12 x 12 frame and food themed scrapbook paper at my local Ben Franklin.  I just put the scrapbook paper in the frame and that was it.  If you want your menu board to be less boring than mine, you could add stickers for the days of the week instead of writing them out or decorate the frame itself.  Ben Franklin even had a metal piece to place behind the paper so you could use magnets... it was too cool for me.  I'm considering making a few more of these boards to use for my to do list and a shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment