Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chef for Windows 8


Chef is an app for Windows 8 by Downtown Bellevue(disclaimer:  Jeff is a part of this group) which became available in the Windows 8 Store yesterday.  I'm so excited that they had their app published that I decided to share here.  So, what is Chef?  It's a recipe organizing, menu planning, shopping list creation app.  Want more details?  I'll explain more after the break.

Organize your recipes:
You can use Chef to import recipes from all kinds of sources like recipe sites or your own cookbooks for viewing all in one place.


Stuck in a recipe rut like I usually am?  Chef features a Spotlight area with rotating recipes to give you some inspiration.


Plan your week:
I hate not having a plan for meals for the week ahead.  Chef helps plan menus without having to remember if a recipe is in a cookbook on the bookshelf or if you found it online.  You can select your recipes for a day or even the whole week.  I like that it shows them graphically so I don't have to click through into a day to remember what I planned.


Generate a shopping list:
I'm notorious for forgetting that one very important ingredient when I go to the store, but hopefully not anymore.  Chef aggregates all the ingredients in your recipes for the week and puts them into a shopping list for you.  It even allows you to check off things you already have in your pantry.  You can even email the list to yourself to read on your smartphone!


If you'd like to check out Chef, it can be found in the Windows 8 Store here.  It also has a Facebook page.  I can't wait to see what other features Chef gets in the next version!  Happy menu planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment