Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ravelry

Random post alert.  I decided I wanted to learn to crochet a while back, but didn't really decide to do it until I signed up for Ravelry.  It might be my new favorite website.  There are zillions of amazing patterns for just about every interest and I think it's what pushed me to actually learn.  I'm in the process of making an amigurumi Totoro right now and I have a ton of others on my "to do" list for later.  Here's a pic of some of his parts so far:

Totoro's tummy, eyes, and part of his unfinished body
My absolute favorite part of the site is the "projects" area that's shown for each pattern so you can see how the pattern turned out for other Ravelry members.  Not only is it neat to see all the variations, but it can also be helpful since some users leave little notes when instructions are vague or other useful tidbits.

Ravelry also helps you keep track of your "to do" projects, stash of yarn, and even offers help selecting yarn for individual projects.  I can't even begin to describe how helpful this has been as a beginner crocheter.

If you knit or crochet and haven't signed up yet, go do it now.  You won't regret it.  Feel free to look me up there(sarahlizette).  Happy crocheting(or knitting)!

No comments:

Post a Comment