Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bofur Style Hat

Ever since seeing Bofur in the Hobbit movies, I have wanted his hat.  I didn't really dig any I found online, so I decided to try crocheting one with leftover yarn from my ear flap hat.  I found a Bofur inspired hat pattern by Shaina Dyson on Ravelry and got to work.  My first try using H and I hooks turned out teddy bear sized, so I sized up to K and L hooks.



Either I have a huge head or I crochet way too tightly because the hat was still too small.  I ended up having to add five rows to the length of the hat and two rows to the length of the front flap.  If I made the hat again I would also add some length to the ear flaps.  It's almost guaranteed I'll make this again and make sure it fits this time... it's just too cute to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment