Saturday, August 30, 2014

Crocheted Elmo

My other little neighbor, Olivia, has a birthday the day after TJ.  She loves Elmo, so I made her one from this pattern by Maggie Vassie that I found on Ravelry.  I was beyond pleased with how he turned out!


I had to do a little editing of this pattern in Word since I find it easier to crochet when patterns are in a certain notation.  I also made a few adjustments suggested by others on Ravelry(mostly for the mouth).  All my notes can be found in my Elmo project there.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter sent me this link to make for my 16 month granddaughter who clearly says "elmo" I thought I had read on somebody's comments that elmo did not stand up. Apparently the head was too large. Did you have this problem? Is he 12 inches tall? What kind of yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sewed Elmo's legs on so he would be in a sitting position instead of a standing position, but had no trouble with his head being so large that it would cause him to fall over. He was about 9.5 inches tall in the sitting position (length of legs not included). I used all Red Heart Super Saver yarn, mostly in cherry. Hope this helps!

      Delete