Saturday, November 8, 2014

Creative Collaboration: Snow White & Me

My Mom recently asked if I would crochet something to go in the Silent Auction at the school I attended for 1st - 8th grades.  Many of my former classmates have been selling crocheted hats and baby photo props, so I decided to make an amigurumi to be different.  After much thought, I talked to my friend and neighbor, HK, to see if we could collaborate on a doll and dress combo since she has been making adorable little girls' princess dresses.  We decided this would be super cute and went with a Snow White theme.


HK already had her dress pattern ready to go, so it was up to me to find a Snow White pattern.  Luckily, I came upon this pattern by Duchess Gala on Ravelry.  The pattern was easy to follow, though I did make a few modifications(all notes in my project on Ravelry).  The only difficult part was attaching hair since I had no experience there.  Outside of the hair being really thick, I think she looks great and matches HK's darling dress wonderfully.  I hope the recipient of the doll and dress really enjoy them... and that HK and I can do more fun collaborations in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment