Saturday, July 30, 2016

Stitch Fix #6 - July 2016

It's time to talk about my July fix!  This month I asked my stylist, Melissa, for cover ups to wear with my ever expanding dress collection and she certainly delivered.  Read on for details!





Margaret M Emer Printed Straight Leg Pant - Returned


I was excited to receive this Stitch Fix favorite since I've read so many good things about them.  They fit nicely, but I wasn't sure if they were short on me or meant to be cropped.  I also wasn't crazy about the print, so they went back.  If they came in a normal length and a solid color I would definitely be interested in trying them again.

Market & Spruce Mariam Knit Dress - Returned


This is a cute dress made of very soft material.  I really wanted to love it because it was so comfortable, but I didn't feel like the overlapping parts on the top were flattering on me.  Sadly, it went into the return bag.

Pixley Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan - Kept


This is one of the options Melissa sent for my request for dress cover ups.  It's made of a very soft material and is super comfy.  I love that the sleeves are long enough for my long arms and the drapey pockets are super neat!  I feel like I can wear this with many things including my dresses, so it was an easy piece to keep.

Kut From The Kloth Callie Denim Jacket - Kept


This is the second option Melissa sent in regards to my request for dress cover ups.  I was very skeptical about this out of the box because it looked small/narrow through the shoulders and the light wash of the denim just wasn't my thing.  I put it on and immediately changed my mind.  The jacket fits me just right through the shoulders and makes my waist look small.  The light wash also means the jacket goes with many of the dresses in my closet.  All in all, this was a surprising love and keep for me.

Collective Concept Dovima Crochet Detail Top - Returned


I love the color and crochet detail on this top, but it's a bit big for me.  The draping on the front also wasn't my favorite, so this went back.

Final thoughts on this fix: I was so pleased to receive and keep two dress cover ups that can also work with other pieces already in my closet.  I also enjoyed trying the other styles Melissa sent that I probably wouldn't have chosen for myself.  All in all, another great fix!

Disclaimer: I purchase my Stitch Fix subscription myself and am not sponsored in any way. All opinions are my own. If you sign up using my referral link, I'll receive Stitch Fix credit to go toward my future fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment