Saturday, January 16, 2016

Low Carb Chicken Dip

This is my first post about keto since 2014.  I haven't given it up, but haven't been very strict about it since the wedding either.  We've been on and off multiple times due to birthdays and holidays.  Well, we started it back up on January 4th and are beginning to see a bit of progress.  In honor of this, I wanted to share an easy chicken dip recipe (complete with terrible cell phone pictures):


Read on for the recipe...

You need:
  • Rotisserie chicken from the store or home made roasted chicken
  • Ranch
  • Frank's hot sauce
  • 1 package cream cheese (softened)
First and foremost, everything in this recipe is added to taste... I never measure any of the ingredients.  This is what works for me, so your results may vary.

Shred the chicken into a small casserole/other oven safe dish.  I typically use a mixture of white and dark meat.  This time I used a large breast and a thigh/leg piece leftover from the chicken Jeff roasted earlier in the week.  Next, add your ranch and hot sauce.  I really like ranch, so I tend to pour it pretty heavily over the chicken.  I'm not super into hot sauce, but I know it's necessary for flavor so I use it a little more sparingly.  Finally, add your block of cream cheese.  I love cheese, so I use the whole block.  If you're not so into cheese, use half a block.  Stir/mush it all together.  Optional:  top it with more cheese and/or anything else you'd like(I went with more cheese... surprise).  Pop the dish into the oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to brown slightly.  Take it out and let it cool for several minutes before serving (or risk burning your mouth like me because I'm impatient).  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment