Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Never Ending Flowerpot Project

This week's project has been sitting on my craft table in varying stages of "almost done" since April 2014.  It was originally going to be a Mother's Day gift for my Grandma, but I didn't complete it in time.  I've worked on it a bit here and there since then, but I decided it was time to finish it up this week.  It's made from this pattern by MyGurumi that I found on Ravelry.


I followed the pattern for the flowers, but somehow the orange one ended up with only six petals instead of eight.  I did my own thing for the terracotta pot and dirt which you can find in my project notes on Ravelry.  I put some leftover craft wire in the stems of the flowers before sewing them to the dirt to make them less floppy and more bendable.  Overall, I wish I would have just buckled down and finished this sooner since it turned out fairly cute.  It'll make a great addition to my desk at work.  Not only will it brighten my otherwise drab office, it's also a plant I can't kill.  Win, win.  Happy Saturday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment