Sunday, April 24, 2016

Stitch Fix #3 - April 2016

It's time to talk about this month's Stitch Fix!  I requested a cargo jacket as well as dresses or top/skirt combos I could wear to an upcoming family rehearsal dinner and wedding.  My stylist this month was Melissa and she sent some fantastic options!  I was delighted when I opened my box and found every item was a dress.



Read on to see my breakdown:



Plenty by Tracy Reese Wynona V-neck Dress - Returned


This dress fit me like a glove and was super flattering.  The print was my issue... it seemed a bit big and the yellow just didn't fit in with the blue in my opinion.  I totally would have kept this if it was a different color/pattern.


THML Kellee Crepe Dress - Returned


This dress is the perfect shade of orange and I was beyond excited when I pulled it out of the box.  Unfortunately, it was slightly tight at the detail around the arms and just didn't look right on me in my opinion.  I also wasn't sold on the embroidery.  Hoping for more gorgeous orange items in the future!


Plenty by Tracy Reese Chauna Woven Dress - Returned


I was over the moon to see this dress in my box since it was one of my top picks on my Pinterest inspiration board.  It fit well and looked great except for this weird bump at the top of the zipper (as if the zipper was too long?).  I also didn't trust myself not to snag the woven overlay on everything.  I was really sad to put this one into the return bag.


Adelyn Rae Treena V-neck Dress - Kept



I had seen this dress over on Stitch Fix's gallery and didn't pin it to my inspiration board because I wasn't sure if I'd like the cutouts in the back.  I was so wrong.  This dress fits me well and the cutouts are so fun!  This is definitely the dress I'll be wearing to the wedding(with appropriate undergarments that I couldn't be bothered with in the photos above)!


Pixley Ashlend Knit Dress - Returned


I love the material this dress is made of... it's so soft and comfortable.  It fit well, but I just wasn't sold on the print... it wasn't terrible, but I wasn't in love with it either.  Since I couldn't make up my mind, I decided it wasn't meant to be and it had to go back.


Final thoughts on this fix:  Even though I'm only keeping one item, I'm actually really satisfied and feel like this was my best fix yet.  Melissa did a great job of choosing items that fit with my style and I will definitely be requesting her for my next fix.  Additionally, it seems that I discover more about my personal style that I never realized as I continue my Stitch Fix journey.  For example, I've always thought prints/patterns were fun things to wear.  Now I'm noticing that I'm excessively picky about the prints I wear.  Who knew?  I can't wait for my next box and to see what other things I discover about myself!

Disclaimer:  I purchase my Stitch Fix subscription myself and am not sponsored in any way.  All opinions are my own.  If you sign up using my referral link, I'll receive Stitch Fix credit to go toward my future fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment