Sunday, May 22, 2016

Stitch Fix #4 - May 2016

I was so happy when this month's fix showed up a day early and Melissa had styled me again!  I requested a maxi dress and other pieces to help me transition to warmer weather.


Read on for details!

Renee C Jory Split Neck Blouse - Kept


This is a fun light top that can be worn with lots of things.  I like the cut, color, pattern, and detail at the neckline and on the back.  A definite keeper!

Hailey 23 Wendey Knit Maxi Dress - Kept


A maxi dress was the one specific piece I requested in this fix and Melissa delivered a great one!  I love that this dress isn't low cut like a lot of maxi dresses I've seen on Pinterest lately.  The keyhole detail on the back is a nice addition and the print and the solid stripes down the side really make this dress a keeper for me.  Can't wait to wear it!

ONEMARKET Morie Textured Print Short - Returned


I'm so undecided on whether or not I like pieces that are yellow most of the time, but the combo of the yellow with the raised pattern were neat in my opinion.  Melissa suggested pairing these with a gray top (which I didn't have handy) so I just paired them with a white top from this fix.  Unfortunately, these didn't fit me well (slightly tight in the hips and barely able to button/zip them) so they had to go back.

Skies are Blue Cupertino Eyelet Detail Top - Kept


I admit I wasn't thrilled with this top when I pulled it out of the box since it's not something I'd usually try for myself (and it's white and I'm a messy eater!).  Melissa intended for me to pair this with the shorts below (not the yellow ones in the picture), but I have a pair of capris I think this will match well.  After trying it on I decided I did like the detail on the front, but the back's soft and somewhat see through material is what really made me decide to keep this piece.

ONEMARKET Romana Printed Short - Returned


These were such a neat pair of shorts to receive!  The print is bold and fun, but sadly these too did not fit (too small in the waist) and I wasn't really keen on the fact that they zipped in the back.  Back they went.

Final thoughts on this fix:  Melissa did a great job again!  I like that she chooses pieces that fit my personal style, but push me out of my comfort zone just a little.  It's surprising how much you might like things you didn't like on the hanger when you try them on if you just give it a shot.

Disclaimer: I purchase my Stitch Fix subscription myself and am not sponsored in any way. All opinions are my own. If you sign up using my referral link, I'll receive Stitch Fix credit to go toward my future fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment