Monday, June 13, 2016

Felix the Cat!

I wanted to make a birthday gift for a friend's little boy who is named Felix... what'd be more appropriate than a Felix the cat?  Unfortunately, I could only find one (paid) pattern and it didn't appeal to me.  So what did I do?  Hack together my own Felix pattern, of course.  Here are the results:


I used a body/head/arms/legs combo from a previous project I really liked then worked up all the details (white parts, eyes, nose, ears, tail) on my own.  I'm not wholly pleased with my work, but this looks at least as good as the paid pattern on Ravelry in my opinion.  With every project I complete, my amigurumi skills get a little bit better.  Perhaps that means one day I'll be really great at cobbling together my own patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment