Sunday, March 20, 2016

Stitch Fix #2 - March 2016

I'm back with my second Stitch Fix review (new craft themed blog finally coming next week... promise).  I asked for a spring jacket and dresses, skirts, and tops that I could wear to my fairly casual workplace in my note when scheduling this fix.  This month's stylist, Tiffany, sent me a nice selection:



Read on to see more...

Brixon Ivy Millie Textured Knit Dress - Keep


I pinned this dress from Stitch Fix's Dresses board thinking it was white, so I noted that I'd like it in another color since I'm way too messy to wear white.  I pulled it out of the box and was beyond thrilled to see it was light gray.  I tried it on and immediately decided I love it.  The pattern is great and the material is very soft.  It also fits pretty well (which will only improve as I keto on) and is just the length I like my dresses to be.  I can't wait to wear this one!

Skies are Blue Tatianna Lace Blouse - Return


This is the first item I've received that I honestly didn't like at all.  I pulled it out of the box and immediately was reminded of tops my Grandma wore to church when I was little... not a look I'm going for right now.  On top of that, I tend to prefer lace in small quantities and this blouse is covered in it.  Trying it on revealed the top was just not a good fit - it wasn't wide enough in the shoulders and the strangely placed piping on the front was not flattering.  Needless to say, this one went back in the return bag pretty quickly.

Laila Jayde Bowie Solid Dolman Sleeve Top - Return


I liked this top because it was a fun color and the material was fairly soft.  It fit well in the shoulders, but it hung/rumpled strangely towards the bottom in a spot that I don't like to emphasize.  Unfortunately, it had to go back.

Pixley Siene Blazer - Return


This was an interesting item.  My stylist suggested I pair it with the Millie dress, but that pairing seemed odd to me since they were both fairly light colors.  I tried it on with a few other items in my closet and just couldn't make it work.  It fit well, but in the end I just couldn't handle the floral print... it reminded me of a few couches and fancy place settings I encountered in my childhood.  I think this blazer would have been a definite keeper if it was a solid color or different pattern.

Pixley June Polka Dot Skirt - Keep


At first, I wasn't thrilled that this skirt wasn't a-line since that's all I had pinned on my Pinterest board.  As I started to try it on, I was even less thrilled that it goes to the natural waist since I have exactly 0 things in my closet of that rise.  Things changed once I actually got the skirt on and zipped it up.  It fits like a glove, makes my nonexistent rear look amazing, and isn't too long or too short.  Overall, this is a fun piece that fits well that I never would have tried without Stitch Fix.

Final thoughts on this fix:  Like last time, I received some great pieces; however, the yellow all lace top and the blazer weren't really for me.  I hope that as Stitch Fix continues to "get to know me" I'll like and keep more pieces per fix.

Disclaimer:  I purchase my Stitch Fix subscription myself and am not sponsored in any way.  All opinions are my own.  If you sign up using my referral link, I'll receive Stitch Fix credit to go toward my future fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment